This 2-day Advanced WordPress course is dedicated to the understanding and creation of effective and engaging WordPress themes, and end-user content! Creating a web environment conducive to client and visitor needs, is a huge part of using WordPress to your advantage. Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with WordPress concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
Whether one is a budding blogger or seasoned web designer, WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites and content. The aim of this course is to teach Participants to tap into some of WordPress’ more impressive (and often overlooked) tools, features, and guiding concepts!
Our instructors are industry professionals and will not only teach participants the nuances of WordPress theme and content creation, but will also show the pitfalls and common errors, best practices, and shortcuts. They are well versed in WordPress concepts and will teach students to increase proficiency and how to go about working intelligently within the their domain.
Participants will learn concepts related to: building their custom site experience, adding features, mixing in multimedia, attracting an audience, fine-tuning their content, going mobile, and building truly unique sites!
Our aim is for the students to get the most out of the class – so class material can have a measure of fluidity, but Participants will learn:
- Installing WordPress on your Web Host
- Creating Posts
- Choosing and Polishing your Theme
- Jazzing up your posts
- Adding Pages and Menus
- Comments: Letting your readers talk back
- Getting new Features with Plug-ins
- Adding Picture Galleries, Video, and Music
- Collaborating with Multiple Authors
- Attracting a Crowd
- Editing themes: The key to customizing your site
- Building an advanced WordPress site
- Migrating from WordPress.com
- Securing a self-hosted site
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- Animate 101 – Adobe Animate Essentials
- Animate 201 – Adobe Animate Advanced
- Animate 501 – Adobe Animate Bootcamp
- ColdFusion 101 – Adobe ColdFusion – Fast Track to ColdFusion
- ColdFusion 201 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced ColdFusion Development
- ColdFusion 301 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced: Java for ColdFusion Programmers
- ColdFusion 501 – Adobe ColdFusion – Developers Bootcamp
- Creative Cloud Web 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Web QuickStart
- CSS 101 – Advanced CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.