WordPress is the most popular self-hosted open source website software in use today, with good reason! This 2-day course seeks to provide Participants with the most up-to-date, intuitive methods for developing and designing in WordPress. This course will focus on the more advanced functions that have become indispensable to WordPress business usage, workflow, presentability and productivity.
This course covers WordPress development and design concepts above and beyond mere version features, and provides an essential foundation for continually developing WordPress expertise!
This course will impart critical knowledge about advanced functionality within WordPress, capable of handling tasks at the business or institutional level! This course will start Participants upon the path of being business-ready users, capable of making WordPress work hard for them, not the other way around.
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with WordPress concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
- Learn the intricacies of the program, as well as receive the wisdom passed from seasoned WordPress experts!
- This course has a focus on making Participants work stand out, in both form and function, from the business norm!
- Among many other intuitive usage updates, Participants will learn the newest tips and best practices, to have them creating media and mobile content quickly and with finesse!
We recommend that you have attended or have equivalent knowledge of topics covers in our WordPress Fundamentals for Professionals. Also a strong understanding of CSS and HTML is recommended.
Our aim is for the students to get the most out of the class, so class material can have a measure of fluidity, but Participants will learn:
- Directory and File Stucture
- WordPress Configuration
- WP-content User Playground
WORKING WITH WORDPRESS LOCALLY
- Benefits of Working Locally
- Tools for Component Administration
- Configuration Details
- Deploying Local changes
TOUR OF THE CORE
- Whats in the Core?
- Using the Core as a Reference
- WordPress Codex and Resources
- Don’t Hack the Core!
- Understanding the Loop
- Template tags
- Customizing the Loop
- Global Variables
- Working Outside the Loop
- Database Schema
- Table details
- WordPress Database Class
- Direct Database manipulation
CUSTOM POST TYPES, CUSTOM TAXONOMIES, AND METADATA
- Understanding Data in WordPress
- WordPress Taxonomy
- Building your own Taxonomy
- Plugin Packaging
- Plugin Security
- Know your hooks: actions and filters
- Plugin Settings
- WordPress Integration
- Creating a Plugin example
- Publishing to the Plugin directory
- What is Multisite?
- Working in a Network
- Coding for Multisite
- Multisite Database Schema
- Getting noticed
- Simple social networking badges
- Collecting external content
Other sections covered include:
- STATISTICS, SCALABILITY, SECURITY, AND SPAM
- WORDPRESS AS A CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- WORDPRESS IN THE ENTERPRISE
- WORDPRESS DEVELOPER COMMUNITY
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- Animate 101 – Adobe Animate Essentials
- Animate 201 – Adobe Animate Advanced
- Animate 501 – Adobe Animate Bootcamp
- ColdFusion 101 – Adobe ColdFusion – Fast Track to ColdFusion
- ColdFusion 201 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced ColdFusion Development
- ColdFusion 301 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced: Java for ColdFusion Programmers
- ColdFusion 501 – Adobe ColdFusion – Developers Bootcamp
- Creative Cloud Web 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Web QuickStart
- CSS 101 – Advanced CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.