In this 5-day seminar Participants will get expert instruction and hands-on practice administering and configuring Windows 8.1. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who have knowledge and experience administering Windows PCs and devices in a domain environment with managed access to the Internet. Participants will learn the skills Participants need to administer Windows 8.1 in a Windows Server domain environment and also provide secure, managed access to users from their non-domain joined Windows devices. Participants will learn how to install and customize Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, integrate and control access to domains and cloud services, and migrate and synchronize settings across multiple devices. In addition, Participants will learn how to implement mobile security and customize configurations using Windows management tools including Group Policy and Windows PowerShell cmdlets. Participants will also learn how to configure user settings and profiles, local and remote network connectivity, Client Hyper-V, virtual apps, and Internet Explorer 11. Finally, Participants will learn how to optimize security and provide controlled access from Windows 8.1 PCs and devices to specified resources through Workplace Join services and Work Folders. As part of the learning experience, Participants will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment. NOTE: This course is based on Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition with domain services provided by Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Class is designed for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who provide Tier 2 support to users who run Windows desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium to large enterprise organizations.
- Prep for Exam 70-687
- Learn from Microsoft Official Courseware and learn from a Microsoft Certified Trainer
Before attending this course, students should have:
- At least two years of experience in the IT field
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the certificate security and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and/or Windows 8
- Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax
- Basic awareness of Windows deployment tools (Windows ADK components: Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals) but no actual prerequisite skills with the specific tools are assumed
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
This course is also designed to prepare certification candidates for Exam 70-687, Configuring Windows 8.1.
- Describe solutions and features related to managing Windows 8.1 in an enterprise network environment.
- Determine requirements and perform the tasks for installing and deploying Windows 8.1.
- Manage profiles and user state between Windows devices.
- Determine the most appropriate management tools to configure Windows 8.1 settings.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8.1 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Configure resource connectivity for both domain-joined and non-domain joined PCs and devices.
- Implement Windows 8.1 technologies to secure network connections.
- Configure file, folder, and printer access.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure and control desktop apps, Windows Store apps, and virtual apps.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8.1 PCs and devices.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8.1 from various failures.
- Describe and configure Client Hyper-V.
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- AWS 101 – AWS Business Essentials
- AWS 110 – AWS Technical Essentials
- AWS 201 – Architecting on AWS
- AWS 210 – Advanced Architecting on AWS
- AWS 220 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS 230 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS 301 – Developing on AWS
- AWS 410 – Systems Operations on AWS
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.