In this 5-day course, Participants will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework 4.5 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that Participants know when each should/could be used.
- Intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio
- Learn to develop advanced web applications and manage the rendered HTML comprehensively
- Create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic
- Learn from Microsoft Official Courseware and learn from a Microsoft Certified Trainer
Before attending this course, students must have:
A minimum of two to three years of experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with the C# language.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
This course will also prepare the student for exam 70-486 Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications.
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application.
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
- Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- AWS 101 – AWS Business Essentials
- AWS 110 – AWS Technical Essentials
- AWS 201 – Architecting on AWS
- AWS 210 – Advanced Architecting on AWS
- AWS 220 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS 230 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS 301 – Developing on AWS
- AWS 410 – Systems Operations on AWS
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.