In this 2-day Microsoft Visio training class, you will master the concepts of this one-stop diagramming solution to simplify and communicate complex information. Turn complex information into a visual masterpiece with data-linked diagrams that you can create in just a few clicks. Visio makes diagramming simple. Whether you want to capture a flowchart that you brainstormed on a whiteboard, map an IT network, build an organizational chart, document a business process, or draw a floor plan, Visio helps you work visually.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft® Visio® provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
- Start with Visio easily with a select set of pre-crafted starter diagrams and contextual tips and tricks
- Create flowcharts, network diagrams, org charts, floor plans, engineering designs, and more using modern shapes and templates.
- Use impressive templates and thousands of shapes that meet industry standards including Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) compliance
- Use smart shapes to boost productivity, and leverage new themes and effects to customize and complete professional-looking diagrams faster
- Bring diagrams to life with linking. Connect data to the visualization of an organizational structure, IT network, manufacturing plant, or complex business processes to grasp performance in one glance
- Use data graphics such as icons, colors and text to simplify and enhance the visualization of complex information
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for persons who are new to Visio or have some Visio experience and who will be using Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting. The target student for this course is a graphic designer, subject matter specialist, or other knowledge worker who needs to use Visio to create complex graphics and illustrations (such as floor plans, custom maps, and scientific illustrations) that may be linked to external data sources and may be inserted into other Microsoft Office files.
To ensure your success, you will need to be familiar with using personal computers, including a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders. We also recommend that you have the Visio software before starting the class. No previous experience with Visio is required.
- Creating Visio diagrams
- Exploring the Backstage: Open, Export, Print, etc.
- Managing the Shapes window
- Creating Dynamic Grids
- Positioning shapes by using rulers and guides
- Creating shapes and resizing, reposition, and reorient them
- Connecting shapes and 2-D shapes manually and dynamically
- Using Quick Shapes
- Managing text, shapes, and pages
- Creating business process diagrams
- Creating organizational charts
- Adding style, color and themes
- Creating network and datacenter diagrams
- Adding data to diagrams
- Visualizing data
- Linking to external data
- Adding and using hyperlinks
- Printing, reusing and sharing diagrams
- Adding structure to diagrams
- Validating diagrams
- Collaborating with peers and publishing
- Access 101 – Microsoft Access Introduction
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- Acrobat 202 – Adobe Acrobat Section 508 Accessibility
- AEM Forms 101 – AEM Forms (LiveCycle Designer) Intro
- AEM Forms 201 – AEM Forms Advanced (LiveCycle Designer)
- Excel 101 – Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Excel 201 – Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Excel 301 – Advanced Microsoft Excel (Course 55167A)
- Excel 501 – Microsoft Excel Bootcamp
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.