During this 2-day hands-on, instructor-led course Participants will design a complete project, using Unity and Visual Studio, learning how to develop content and applications for the core Windows Holographic Platform and HoloLens features such as gaze and gesture controls, voice input, spatial sound and spatial mapping, and color design for holograms. A Microsoft Hololens is used and demonstrated in the class, and each student will get to experience it. The Microsoft Hololens emulator is used for most exercises.
- Learn basic Windows Holographic Platform developer skills
- Learn to use Visual Studio and Unity to create holographic content
- Learn to interface effectively with the HoloLens device
- View, hear, and interact with holograms Students make and place around Students
- Learn to share coordinate systems between multiple devices and create a shared experience that allows users to take part in a shared holographic world
No previous experience with Microsoft HoloLens required. While participants are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own Microsoft Hololens to class if they own own, it is not required as much of the class is taught using the Microsoft HoloLens emulator. 1 Microsoft Hololens is available for class use however and students will get hands-on time with the actual device.
- Set up Unity and Visual Studio for holographic development
- Create Holographic and 2d apps and views
- Make and view holograms
- Visualize gaze using a world-locked cursor
- Control holograms with the Select gesture
- Add voice commands that listen in the background
- Create a hologram that reacts to a voice command
- Hear holograms
- Use spatial mapping to bring and place holograms around the real world.
- Use mixed reality capture to create video and still imagery containing both holograms and the real world
- Understand and use the Windows Device Portal for HoloLens
- Learn spatial coordinate systems and best practices including spacial anchors, attached frame of reference, and head locked content
- Create a holographic Direct X project
- After Effects 201 – Adobe After Effects Advanced
- After Effects 202 – Creating Animated Characters in After Effects
- Dimension 101 – Adobe Dimension
- EPUB 310 – EPUB: Creating eBooks with Adobe InDesign
- Google AdWords 101 – Google AdWords
- Google AdWords 501 – Google AdWords and Analytics Bootcamp
- HoloLens 101 – HoloLens Beginners
- Illustrator 201 – Adobe Illustrator – Advanced
- Illustrator 501 – Adobe Illustrator Bootcamp
- InDesign 101 – Adobe InDesign Essentials
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.