This 2-day class is designed for both technical developers and content contributors. The core XML technologies are covered, including XPath, XSLT, XML DOM, DTDs, and XML Schema. The Oxygen XML Editor is used for this class but the class is also appropriate for users of other XML tools and environments.
- Leverage the power of XML and related technologies
- XML is an effective way to conduct business-to-business transactions and handling data interchange
- Learn how XML and its related technologies function and how they facilitate integration between applications
- Master the core syntax of XML, DTD, and XML Schema
- Learn the fundamentals of XSL
- Learn to use XPath
This class is appropriate for people with experience with other markup languages such as HTML
- Identify the benefit of using XML. a foundational language on the Internet.
- Intro to XML standards such as DITA, EPUB, Docbook and XSL-FO.
- Write well-formed XML using XML syntax
- Write valid XML with DTDs. such as elements, attributes, comments
- Write valid XML with Schema and processing instructions.
- Use DOM and SAX effectively.
- Display XML in browsers using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Transform XML using XSLT. Identify the functions and benefits of the XML linking specifications.
- Use XML namespaces and create links using the HTML namespace.
- XPath: patterns, expressions and functions.
- Managing and Filtering SharePoint Resources with XML
- Connecting to a repository located on a SharePoint server and using SharePoint-specific actions when editing topics in a DITA Map.
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- Animate 101 – Adobe Animate Essentials
- Animate 201 – Adobe Animate Advanced
- Animate 501 – Adobe Animate Bootcamp
- ColdFusion 101 – Adobe ColdFusion – Fast Track to ColdFusion
- ColdFusion 201 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced ColdFusion Development
- ColdFusion 301 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced: Java for ColdFusion Programmers
- ColdFusion 501 – Adobe ColdFusion – Developers Bootcamp
- Creative Cloud Web 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Web QuickStart
- CSS 101 – Advanced CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.