Become a Certified Online Training Professional (COTP). In this dynamic two-day intensive certification course for online trainers, you will learn, and experience-in-action, the best techniques for developing and delivering compelling online training. Participants learn about the best online training platforms, the preferred hardware and software, and practical and effective teaching methods for delivering training online. You’ll learn how to convert existing course materials for use online, and you’ll find out how to engage your online participants fully, even during extended training sessions. You’ll also learn how to create appropriate PowerPoint decks for online use, with images and iconography that supports your online content. As part of the two-day course, you will complete a live competency exam, during which you deliver a brief segment of training and demonstrate the online teaching techniques covered in this course. After the class, you’ll complete a written exam in order to receive your certification as an online training professional.
Who Should Attend
This course is for trainers interested in improving their skills for delivering live, instructor-led training online. Whether this is your first introduction to online training, or you have online training experience, you will find helpful tips, methods, and inspiration in this program. Further, when you complete your certification, you will be listed in an online database of Certified Online Training Professionals, and you’ll receive a certification credential for display on email, websites, and resumes.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
This certification course is made up of a 2-day intensive online course, including a live proficiency exam, plus a written exam taken after class. The written exam typically takes about half an hour to complete. Class time is 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is scheduled 1-2 ET.
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with Online Training concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, executing, and optimizing their training repertoire!
- Basics of Online Training
- Managing the Online Classroom
- Hardware and Software for Online Course Delivery
- Overview of Online Platforms
- How to Convert Course Materials for Online Delivery
- PowerPoint Techniques for Online Presentations
- Public Speaking for Online Trainers
- Developing Effective Quizzes and Polls for Online Courses
- Live Proficiency Exam
- Written Exam
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- AWS 101 – AWS Business Essentials
- AWS 110 – AWS Technical Essentials
- AWS 201 – Architecting on AWS
- AWS 210 – Advanced Architecting on AWS
- AWS 220 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS 230 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS 301 – Developing on AWS
- AWS 410 – Systems Operations on AWS
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.