In this 3-day class create Participants first Joomla website from scratch or create a Joomla template, Participants Joomla instructor will help Participants master this popular open-source CMS. Learn how to use Joomla with responsive design, dynamic functionality, and access control lists, secure, administrate, and fill Participants site with content.
- Installing Joomla in four steps
- Making the switch-building websites the Joomla way
- Taking control: administering Students site in the backend
- Content management example: let’s create some content!
- Site management example: configuring basic site settings
- CSS stylesheets? Come again?
- Making content visible on the site: create a menu link
- Displaying main categories and subcategories on Students site
- Secure Students site from hackers and potential threats using easy-to-follow techniques
Knowledge of your operating system and basic computer navigation is required for all classes.
- Introduction: A New and Easy Way to Build Websites
- Installation: Getting Joomla Up and Running
- First Step: Getting to Know Joomla
- Web Building Basics: Creating a Site in an Hour
- Small Sites, Big Sites: Organizing Students Content Effectively Creating Killer Content: Adding and Editing Articles
- Welcoming Students Visitors: Creating Attractive Home Pages and Overview Pages
- Helping Students Visitors Find What they Want: Managing Menus
- Opening up the Site: Enabling Users to Log in and Contribute
- Getting the Most out of Students Site: Extending Joomla
- Creating an Attractive Design: Working with Templates
- Attracting Search Engine Traffic: Tips and Techniques
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- Animate 101 – Adobe Animate Essentials
- Animate 201 – Adobe Animate Advanced
- Animate 501 – Adobe Animate Bootcamp
- ColdFusion 101 – Adobe ColdFusion – Fast Track to ColdFusion
- ColdFusion 201 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced ColdFusion Development
- ColdFusion 301 – Adobe ColdFusion – Advanced: Java for ColdFusion Programmers
- ColdFusion 501 – Adobe ColdFusion – Developers Bootcamp
- Creative Cloud Web 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Web QuickStart
- CSS 101 – Advanced CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.