In this 2 day structured, instructor-led, hands-on training course, you will learn what Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is, how it works, and how you can get started using and investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other blockchain based coins and tokens. You will learn how to buy and sell Bitcoin and Ethereum safely and legally, and how to accept and use Bitcoin in a business or other organization.
Included with your investment in this class you will receive and leave with:
- our own Trezor hardware wallet for storing Bitcoin and Ethereum safely and securely (a $99 retail value)
- Approximately $50 in cryptocurrency is delivered in class. Your classfee includes $50 in US dollars which are credited toward your coinbase account. During the class this money is used to purchase $20 in Bitcoin, $20 in Ethereum and $10 in an alternative cryptocurrency chosen by the instructor at the time of class (typically Litecoin). You leave with these cryptocurrencies securely stored in your Trezor hadware wallet.
- A number of free accounts with Coinbase and other major cryptocurrency exchanges. If you already have accounts with these exchanges, your existing account will be used in class, and if not, the instructor will help you open them.
- Your own custom created altcoin based on Ethereum.
- Master the fundamentals of Bitcoin, Ethereum and other blockchain based cryptocurrencies and tokens in this easy instructor-led hands-on training class.
- Get the peace of mind of knowing you have safely and wisely learned to use and invest in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies using a hardware wallet (which is included with the class).
- Learn to avoid scams and hacks and properly use Bitcoin and blockchain based technology.
- Learn to be a wiser and more informed investor and user of all forms of cryptocurrency.
- Gain insights and hands-on exposure on the latest advances in Bitcoin and blockchain based technology.
Who Should Attend
This class is for anyone interested in learning how to safely use and work with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. While appropriate for beginners with no previous experience, those who have already gotten started with Bitcoin will learn best practices and many useful tips and techniques.
This class is designed for anyone who uses or invest in, or would like to learn to use and invest in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies including:
- Entrepreneurs and investors
- Accountants, controllers and consultants
- Banking and financial services professionals
- Government officials and employees including regulators and law enforcement (AFMLS, FBI, DOJ, etc.)
- Professors, teachers, and educators
- Support and call center professionals working in Bitcoin startups
- IT professionals and project managers involved are interested in blockchain pilots and initiatives
- Sales & marketing professionals involved in Bitcoin or blockchain companies
Attendees should be familiar with the basic computer operations like opening files, but this class will start at the beginning and teach Bitcoin and cryptocurrency fundamentals so previous experience with Bitcoin is not required.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
The Crypto Currency Certification Consortium offers the Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) designation. A Certified Bitcoin Professional is knowledgeable about the Bitcoin blockchain, Bitcoin transactions, and how the Bitcoin network operates. CBPs are able to apply Bitcoin technology to their professional area of expertise and understand privacy aspects, double-spending, and other issues that relate to the currency.
- Understanding the basics about Bitcoin and blockchains
- Basics about investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies (including tips on avoiding scams)
- Opening and using an account with major cryptocurrency exchanges and services including how to deposit and withdraw funds
- Sending and receiving Bitcoin and altcoins
- Client and wallet management and key security issues
- Using and backing up your Trezor hardware wallet (which you will leave with)
- Using Bitcoin to invest in other cryptocurrencies (such as Ethereum, Lightcoin and others)
- Terminology and concepts used in blockchain and cryptocurrency
- How blockchain transactions and distributed ledgers work
- Understanding and managing transaction fees
- Bitcoin commerce including accepting Bitcoin as payment for products and services
- Understanding the major differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum (including ETH and ETC) as well as other blockchain based altcoins and tokens
- An introduction to developing with Bitcoin and Ethereum including creating your own token or altcoin for personal or business use
- An introduction to mining cryptocurrencies and mining pools
- An introduction to some of the legal, accounting and tax issues and regulations effecting the use of blockchain based technology
- Bitcoin 101 – Introduction to Bitcoin, Ethereum and Blockchains
- Ethereum 101 – Introduction to Ethereum
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.