This 3-day class uses the official Filemaker curriculum for learning how to use FileMaker software to both use and build professional apps for desktop, web, and mobile users. Participants learn how to build a sample FileMaker app from start to finish. The instructor will take Participants through the key features of FileMaker allowing Participants to leave class capable of both building and using FileMaker apps immediately.
- Planning an app to solve the right problems
- Import data into a FileMaker app
- Create tables, fields, and relationships for Students data
- Use themes, styles, guides, and other FileMaker design tools
- Create interfaces for iOS devices
- Calculations, Scripting, and Reporting
- Integration with other business systems
- Sharing and deployment of Students app to other users
Lessons 1 – 2
Learn how the products in the FileMaker Platform work together. Identify requirements for building, assessing, and hosting FileMaker solutions, and compare and contrast FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go. See what pre-built templates, or Starter Solutions, come with FileMaker Pro and how Students can start using them right away. Plus, understand the capabilities of FileMaker Pro Advanced, and read about real-world use cases.
Lessons 3 – 4
Learn how to navigate layouts and understand different ways to view and edit Students data. Perform complex finds, extend and constrain found sets, make use of operators in Students search criteria, and practice ways to sort data in a solution.
Lesson 5 – 6
Identify the steps to a good design process as well as the basic principles for starting a project. Identify common file formats that can be converted by FileMaker Pro. Begin building Students own practice solution by importing data from Excel.
Lessons 7 – 8
Create fields and tables using key features such as the Manage Database Dialog and the Field Picker. Get a basic overview of relational design such as one-to-many and many-to-many relationships so Students can reduce the need to enter the same data multiple times or in multiple places.
Lessons 9 – 13
Learn the importance of good user interface design and best practices when creating solutions for iOS devices. Experiment with applying styles and themes in layouts to create a visually attractive user interface. Get familiar with placing objects on a layout, and use the grids, guides and stencils tools available in FileMaker Pro to create a uniform and consistent interface. Add functionality to Students practice solution by creating a portal, tab control, panel control, popover and Web Viewer.
Lessons 14 – 19
Learn the basics of calculations, scripting and reporting in FileMaker Pro through step-by-step activities building Students own practice solution. Then find out how FileMaker Pro can integrate with other business systems. And finally, get introduced to the built-in security capabilities and learn about the methods of sharing and deploying a solution to other users.
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- Acrobat 201 – Adobe Acrobat – eForms Introduction
- AWS 101 – AWS Business Essentials
- AWS 110 – AWS Technical Essentials
- AWS 201 – Architecting on AWS
- AWS 210 – Advanced Architecting on AWS
- AWS 220 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS 230 – Certification Exam Readiness Workshop: Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS 301 – Developing on AWS
- AWS 410 – Systems Operations on AWS
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.