In this 3-day class Participants are provided with hands on practice with simulated problems to solve and process. Participants will learn how to improve plastic part designs, injection mold designs, and manufacturing processes. Overall, the goal is to teach Participants to become more efficient at creating digital prototypes, running analyses and interpreting the results.
- Working with and editing databases.
- Analyzing family tools.
- Analyzing multi-gated parts.
- Optimizing the packing profile to minimize volumetric shrinkage variation in the part.
- Analyzing parts with molded in inserts.
- Analyzing a two-shot sequential molding process
- Running a design of experiments analysis.
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight Fundamentals Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight Fundamentals or the equivalent should be completed prior to taking this course. Solving cooling and warpage problems requires a strong knowledge of polymer flow.
- Database Management
- Family Tools
- Multiple Gates
- Packing Optimization
- Past Insert Overmolding
- Two-Shot Sequential Overmolding
- Design of Experiments (DOE) Analysis
- 3ds Max 101 – AutoDesk 3ds Max Essentials
- AutoCAD 101 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Essentials
- AutoCAD 201 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Intermediate
- AutoCAD 301 – Autodesk AutoCAD Advanced
- AutoCAD 302 – AutoDesk AutoCAD 3D Drawing & Modeling
- AutoCAD 501 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Bootcamp Level 1
- AutoCad 601 – Autocad Comprehensive 2-Week
- Civil 3D 151 – AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Civil 3D 161 – AutoDesk Civil 3D Grading
- Civil 3D 171 – AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.