This 5-day seminar takes Participants from beginner to expert. The instructor will take the Participants through a hands on approach covering the complete process of designing models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
- Understanding the Autodesk® Inventor® software interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing the solid base 3D feature from a sketch
- Creating and editing secondary solid features that are sketched and placed
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the display of the model
- Resolving feature failures
- Duplicating geometry in the model
- Placing and constraining/connecting parts in assemblies
- Manipulating the display of components in an assembly
- Obtaining model measurements and property information
- Creating Presentation files (Exploded views)
- Modifying and analyzing the components in an assembly
- Simulating motion in an assembly
- Creating parts and features in assemblies
- Creating and editing an assembly Bill of Materials
- Working with projects
- Creating and annotating drawings and views
- Customizing the Autodesk Inventor environment
Students need to be experienced with the Windows operating system and a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended. A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology is highly suggested.
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
The Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional badge validates professional users’ advanced knowledge of the tools, features, and common tasks of Inventor. Earners of this designation have demonstrated knowledge of advanced modeling, assembly modeling, creating a weldment, and more using Inventor.
This class is a discounted combination of the Inventor 101 and Inventor 201 classes. For student cancellation purposes, each separate component is treated as a separate class. We schedule our Inventor 101 and Inventor 201 classes in the same week so we offer a discount on the bundle of classes. Please have a look at our Inventor 101 and Inventor 201 classes for topics covered.
This bundle/workshop provides a significant discount off of our regular pricing. Our standard policy for all bundled workshops is that once one of the classes in the bundle, package or workshop is attended, no refunds are available for unused portions of the bundle. Student rescheduling is available under our regular policies.
- 3ds Max 101 – AutoDesk 3ds Max Essentials
- AutoCAD 101 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Essentials
- AutoCAD 201 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Intermediate
- AutoCAD 301 – Autodesk AutoCAD Advanced
- AutoCAD 302 – AutoDesk AutoCAD 3D Drawing & Modeling
- AutoCAD 501 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Bootcamp Level 1
- AutoCad 601 – Autocad Comprehensive 2-Week
- Civil 3D 151 – AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Civil 3D 161 – AutoDesk Civil 3D Grading
- Civil 3D 171 – AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.