In this 2 day in-depth AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors class designed for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in AutoCAD Civil 3D Fundamentals. This class equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge required to use AutoCAD Civil 3D efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Students learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in AutoCAD Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, correct AutoCAD® drafting techniques, the methodology required to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will swiftly deepen their familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and revolutionizing their usage of models, drawings, layouts and much more!
- Enhance project quality and accuracy, while optimizing the design for clarity and function!
- Maintain more consistent data through Automated project deliverables, helping to reduce documentation errors!
- Respond faster to project changes and improve productivity with Civil 3D’s new features aimed at accelerating detailed designs, and helping to streamline time-consuming tasks!
- Connect design to documentation to help boost productivity and deliver higher quality content with less time investment!
- Utilize the newly improved Collaboration workflows to help you or your team overcome challenges and deliberations within Civil projects!
Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended.
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- The Planning and Analysis workspace
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transformations
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Coordinate Geometry Editor for entering traverse information or legal descriptions
- Surface overview
- Surface editing
- Surface labels and analysis
- Point clouds and creating a surface from point cloud data
- 3ds Max 101 – AutoDesk 3ds Max Essentials
- AutoCAD 101 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Essentials
- AutoCAD 201 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Intermediate
- AutoCAD 301 – Autodesk AutoCAD Advanced
- AutoCAD 302 – AutoDesk AutoCAD 3D Drawing & Modeling
- AutoCAD 501 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Bootcamp Level 1
- AutoCad 601 – Autocad Comprehensive 2-Week
- Civil 3D 151 – AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Civil 3D 161 – AutoDesk Civil 3D Grading
- Civil 3D 171 – AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.