In this Autodesk authorized 3-day advanced AutoCAD training class, you will learn advanced AutoCAD techniques and best practices and become more proficient in the AutoCAD software platform. The class focusses on real-world best practices, increasing efficiency by automating aspects of your workflow, and improving processes using Autodesk’s top recommendations for experienced users.
Starts with the basic AutoCAD tools and techniques that enable you to create and edit simple drawings. You will then continue to develop more advanced skills as more powerful and specialized drawing tools are introduced throughout the class.
All topics, including features and commands, relate to both AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT unless specifically noted otherwise.
Note: Although the latest version of the core AutoCAD product is typically used by students during this course, this is also the recommended first level introduction to AutoCAD concepts and tools for other Autodesk AutoCAD products that are built on the AutoCAD platform including AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Map 3D, and AutoCAD Mechanical. The core concepts covered are considered a prerequisite for the more advanced tools available in the more specialized products.
- Speed design with a library of digital factory content
- Easily search, modify, and reuse content
- Analyze material flow directly in AutoCAD
- Publish frequently used assets to the cloud
- Publish assets with multiple variants
Certifications, Exams, and Continuing Education
The Autodesk AutoCAD Certified Professional badge validates professional users knowledge of the tools, features, and common tasks of AutoCAD. Earners of this badge have demonstrated knowledge of dimensioning, basic drawing skills, using hatching and gradients, and more using AutoCAD.
- Advanced text objects, text fields, and advanced text formatting options
- Linked tables and table styles
- Defining dynamic blocks and attributes
- Outputting and publishing files for review to DWF and PDF including Drawing Sets
- Cloud collaboration and automation tools (including both Fusion 360 and eTransmit)
- Creating and customizing sheet sets including publishing to DWFx
- Managing layers and layer filters
- Configuring and Automating CAD Standards and plugins including layer translator
- CAD management and system setup including variables and drawing utilities
- Enhancing productivity by customizing the AutoCAD interface and workspace
- Automating AutoCAD workflows with macros, custom routines and AutoLISP
- 3ds Max 101 – AutoDesk 3ds Max Essentials
- AutoCAD 101 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Essentials
- AutoCAD 201 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Intermediate
- AutoCAD 210 – AutoCAD Architecture Fundamentals
- AutoCAD 301 – Autodesk AutoCAD Advanced
- AutoCAD 302 – AutoDesk AutoCAD 3D Drawing & Modeling
- AutoCAD 501 – AutoDesk AutoCAD Bootcamp Level 1
- AutoCad 601 – Autocad Comprehensive 2-Week
- Civil 3D 151 – AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Civil 3D 161 – AutoDesk Civil 3D Grading
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.