In this 1-day InDesign mobile/tablet publishing training class, you will learn to create new documents or convert existing documents to EPUB, Kindle/AZW, MOBI, PDF and HTML formats for iPad, Kindle and other E-readers. Add interactivity such as videos, slideshows, interviews and music to make the experience more engaging and exciting for the reader.
Who Should Attend
Those seeking to master publishing of InDesign content for mobile and tablet applications.
This class is not intended for people brand new to InDesign. If you’ve never created an InDesign document before, we’d suggest our introductory 2-day Adobe InDesign Essentials class as a prerequisite. While not required to attend we strongly suggest that students bring their personal e-reader such as an iPad or Kindle to test projects on (We can provide one for use int he class, if notice is given at registration). We also recommend that you have the Adobe InDesign software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
- Introduction to Creating eBooks with InDesign
- Creating hyperlinks and cross-references
- Creating new InDesign documents with EPUB in mind
- Designing visually rich and interactive fixed-layout EPUBs
- Converting graphics created in InDesign to external linked files
- Using the Articles panel to define reading order
- Adding metadata
- Exporting and working with HTML code
- Preview and exporting interactive documents
- Best practices for publishing to Amazon, iBooks, and other tablet publishing and ebook stores
- Making accessible Section 508 compliant eBooks
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- CorelDRAW 101 – Corel CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
- Creative Cloud Print 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Print QuickStart
- Ebook 151 – Publishing Kindle & Ebook Content
- EPUB 310 – EPUB: Creating eBooks with Adobe InDesign
- Illustrator 101 – Adobe Illustrator Essentials
- InDesign 101 – Adobe InDesign Essentials
- InDesign 201 – Adobe InDesign – Advanced
- InDesign 220 – Adobe InCopy
- InDesign 301 – Adobe InDesign: Mobile and Tablet Publishing
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.