In this 2-day course, participants will benefit from a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, in which students will deepen their familiarity with Adobe Illustrator concepts, while gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
Among other things, participants will perfect the use of the appearance panel and create advanced clipping masks for amazing effects. The instructor will help participants customize one’s work environment and increase Adobe Illustrator ‘literacy’ with great tips and tricks. Projects include advanced selection techniques, perspective grids, using the gradient mesh tool, advanced brush techniques, and graphs and patterns. Participants will also learn how to create a variety of output files for the web, print, and video. This class also includes an in-depth look at the new toolset available in Illustrator.
Our instructors are industry professionals and will not only teach participants the program but will also show them pitfalls and common errors, best practices, and shortcuts. They are well versed in Illustrator techniques, and will teach students to increase proficiency and how to go about working intelligently within the application.
- Nested Layers: Organizing with Layers and Sublayers
- For Client Review: Creating Presentations for Artboard
- Digitizing a Logo: Learning to Use a Template Layer
- Drawing Inside: Building with Multiple Construction Modes
- Curvaceous Type: Fitting Type to Curved Paths
- Symbolism Basics: Creating and Working with Symbols
- Unified Gradients: Controlling Fills with the Gradient Annotator
- Establishing Perspective: Aligning Grids & Planes to an Architectural Sketch
We highly recommend attending the Adobe Illustrator class before taking this class. If you have significant experience with Illustrator including good skills with the pen tool, previous attendance is not required. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Illustrator software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website.
- Students Creative Workspace
- Designing Type & layout
- Rethinking Construction
- Expressive Strokes
- Color Transitions
- Reshaping Dimensions
- Mastering Complexity
- Creatively Combining Apps
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- CorelDRAW 101 – Corel CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
- Creative Cloud Print 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Print QuickStart
- Ebook 151 – Publishing Kindle & Ebook Content
- EPUB 310 – EPUB: Creating eBooks with Adobe InDesign
- Illustrator 101 – Adobe Illustrator Essentials
- InDesign 101 – Adobe InDesign Essentials
- InDesign 201 – Adobe InDesign – Advanced
- InDesign 220 – Adobe InCopy
- InDesign 301 – Adobe InDesign: Mobile and Tablet Publishing
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.