In this 2-day class, participants will learn the basic functions and tools to help them design and illustrate vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator. The instructor will cover Artboards & Workspaces, an in-depth discussion with hands on practice of the Tool Palette and all its functions, using the Pen Tool, Live Paint, basic patterns, taking participants Illustrator designs from the computer to print and much more. Participants will be able to create logos, professional type effects, complex airbrush effects and impressive designs that channel the artistic potential within!
Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students will deepen their familiarity with Illustrator concepts, whilst gaining hands-on skills in developing, evaluating, and optimizing their work for visual appeal and productivity!
- Understanding vector versus bitmap graphics
- Working with symbols and Adobe Flash® integration
- Mapping a symbol to 3D artwork
- Working with character and graphic styles and CSS code
- Editing shapes with a Pathfinder effect
- Applying a Calligraphic brush to artwork
- and much more!
This class is appropriate for novice users of Illustrator. This course focuses on the fundamentals of using Illustrator’s diverse tools and creating complex shapes from simple ones. We also recommend that you have the Adobe Illustrator software before starting the class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe web site.
- Getting to Know the Work Area
- Puppet Warp tool
- Artboard Improvements
- Enhanced export experience
- Selecting and Aligning
- Creating and Editing Shapes
- Transforming Objects
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Color and painting
- Working with Type
- Working with Layers
- Working with Perspective Drawing
- Blending Colors and Shapes
- Applying Appearance Attributes and Graphic Styles
- Combing Illustrator Graphics with other Adobe Applications
- Acrobat 101 – Adobe Acrobat for Professionals
- CorelDRAW 101 – Corel CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
- Creative Cloud Print 110 – Adobe Creative Cloud Print QuickStart
- Ebook 151 – Publishing Kindle & Ebook Content
- EPUB 310 – EPUB: Creating eBooks with Adobe InDesign
- Illustrator 101 – Adobe Illustrator Essentials
- InDesign 101 – Adobe InDesign Essentials
- InDesign 201 – Adobe InDesign – Advanced
- InDesign 220 – Adobe InCopy
- InDesign 301 – Adobe InDesign: Mobile and Tablet Publishing
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.